Sunday, July 17, 2005

Tim called today. The Woggles were great last night.

Tim got a medal for target shooting. He's never shot before! He was allowed to call me after running for 2 miles. Whew. As hot in South Carolina as it is here. :) He likes being in the Army, thank goodness.
Let's see....Friday after work at Greece Library I worked for 3+ hours at the Monroe County Fair. More about that later. I couldn't walk around after my shift was over because I had to meet the gang for 80's night. Rick H., recently back from Baghdad, bought me a drink. Nice of him. His friend, who used to live in Atlanta too, talked to me for a long time. Everyone asks after Tim. Makes sure I am ok. A guy was telling me about his band Silent Auction. I have actually seen them. Fun night.
Friday had a very late dinner at Valicia's. Excellent as always. At the table behind me a threesome were discussing past presidents , Buck Owens (whom they thought was dead), politics and Don Rickles. LOL. Then to Bug Jar where I was 1 of the 3 girls wearing hose. The same dress and shoes as I wore to the Cynics in Buffalo 2 yrs ago this month but a different hairdo. Very cute beehive. Hot in there!! I had forgotten (!) how energetic the singer from Woggles is! Kept jumping off the stage. Fun! A girl named Julie asked me if I was with the band? She thought she knew me but not from here, but from Atlanta!!! Weird. Turns out she only lived in Athens, not Atlanta, for a short while, but still...I met so many people, so many places. We had a nice chat anyhow, whether we'd met before or not. :) Holly Golightly, the headliner, was pretty good. Who knew her fans were so many huge hideous lesbians? I didn't and neither did Holly, who wore a pretty dress from the 70's. I certainly don't want to meet a guy, but let me have something handsome to look at once in a while. hehe.
So back to work at Greece for 5 hours or so during which time my hubby called. Awwww.
OK time to do laundry. Bye for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home