Sunday, July 31, 2005

Why can't you behave?

(the song from my favorite Inspector Morse episode, which is on tv tonight.) Tim called at 8 tonight when I was, guess where, working at Greece Library. He is counting the days till he can see me at his graduation. Sis Van and her hubby Dick are driving down with me. Yay! Even if they can't attend the ceremony! I am awaiting the information package to tell me how many people CAN come.
Tim's groomsman Jeff Kingsbury got married Friday. I couldn't go to the wedding because of work. Van was my date for the dinner since I didn't want to have to sit with Tim's parents by myself. Van is good at bs'ing, she admits it herself, so she was a boon to me. They were getting me very upset and I don't do well with getting upset. No, I didn't tell them off. We looked hot! Cash bar. Food was good. DJ was fair to horrible, but no one likes what I like LOL. Meanwhile, somewhere in the city a group of black people (and 2 non-blacks)were listening to George Jones.....
I'm sayin'. So Tim's dad invited himself to ride with us to South Carolina. I did not answer yet either way. Jeez. And, hehe, when they got up to 'boogie' Tim's mom left her ginormous handbag on the chair; I didn't wait a second, I immediately said to Van, "I'll grab her credit card and we'll hit JoAnn's on the way home." Have to laugh. Makes me sick. I love Tim, but hate what he did. What he'd do in that same second to me and my family if he had the chance. So Van said, "It's after 9, we'll have to hit WalMart!" And people say Van has no sense of humor.
The bride's sister asked us if we're twins! I thanked her. :)
I am mailing a beautiful porcelain wedding keepsake box from Princess House to the happy couple.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lara said...

I never can decide if I love weddings or hate weddings...

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home